Monday, January 26, 2015

Oh where is my hairbrush....

I actually know exactly where my hairbrush is. It's on my bathroom counter. Broken.

*sigh*

I recognize that I can easily stop by Target today and buy a new hairbrush for likely less than five dollars even if I'm splurging on the fancy kind. But this is a prime example of how we take simple everyday things for granted.

You see it's not that it was a super special hairbrush or anything, I don't even remember when or where I got it, but I'm fairly certain that I've been using the same hairbrush for the better part of 10 years without fail.  So when the head of said hairbrush decided to detach itself from the handle mid blow dry you can understand the brief moment of panic and despair that I felt when my good and faithful companion of more than a decade was rendered useless in my hands!

Now I'm sure you're sitting there thinking, Amy, get it together, it's an inanimate object to which you should have zero emotional attachment. You're probably also wondering why you read this inane blog where some woman is droning on and on about a broken hairbrush. Both are reasonable thoughts to be having at this point.

Long story short (too late) I somehow drew a connection this morning between my silly, broken hairbrush and all of the really important things in our lives like family and friends, and health and safety, that we take equally for granted each day. Somehow I have to believe that this was one of those God moments when He uses seemingly insignificant things to make a much more significant change in our hearts.

So I'll leave you with that thought and point you in the direction of Larry the Cucumber of Veggie Tales, who also knows what it's like to have an all-too-strong attachment to one's hairbrush (at least I actually HAVE hair).

90s Sunday School Kids Rejoice!


No comments:

Post a Comment